Tuesday, November 17, 2009

3D model of the protection cage



A couple of weeks ago already, Frederic designed a protection cage for the SCExAO bench, made of square section aluminum tube and brackets purchased online. The project website already features some pictures of the cage, but the drawings were old-school (i.e. pen and paper). Don't get me wrong: I am perfectly happy with "old-school" and actually enjoy very much drawing myself (my notebooks are covered with sketches and drawings), but unlike electronic files, these are not easy to share or modify...

I have been fiddling with Google SketchUp for a little while now. It's a pretty fun piece of software that even if not OpenSource (yet?) is free, does wonders and works great on my Mac. The lack of an electronic file describing the cage was therefore just the perfect excuse to play with it. The file is available for download right here.


No comments:

Post a Comment